Thursday, August 20, 2026

A Sheep Escaping Cyclops Cave

August 15, 2026

Marin, CA

8:20 AM


The water and sky are glowing. But different kinds of glowing. One from light and one from movement. Maybe they are the same. 


I want to go swimming, but the water is too cold. 


My kiwi nails make me feel a bit Shrek-like. 


Last night watching my friends perform was one of the most beautiful nights of my life. It’s rare to feel such filling moments of emotion. I’m not quite sure how to name the emotions that came, but it felt like boiling and steam coming through my eyes and the heat felt warm even though I knew how hot it was. 


It’s a beautiful morning. Sitting on polka dot pillows. I love feeling like a girl.


Pelicans are definitely one of my favorite types of birds. I cried last night. I got a little embarrassed. It felt special but I didn’t want anyone to see it.


Do I know that what I’m feeling is right and actual to the moment? 


Sometimes rest and excitement feels like a push and then you’re still thinking about the other side of it. Like pretending to be sheep and escaping Cyclops Cave. I’m trying to float my way into it instead of swimming. 


I feel so blessed. It’s interesting to think about how bodies of water mean different things in different places. 


I know these things:

I like being a sister.

I want to look through a telescope.

I want to ride a unicycle.

I love making sundaes.

I want to get a dog.

I want to hold my hand.

I want to run. 

I love looking at clouds over water.

No comments:

Post a Comment